Rebekah is a mother of three and a Gentle Sleep Coach, trained and certified by Kim West, LCSW-C. She grew up in Washington, DC and graduated from Wesleyan University. Rebekah taught middle school English and history for nine years until she became a full-time mom. She currently resides with her family in West Tisbury, Massachusetts.
Rebekah’s first daughter was born in November of 2008, marking the start of a fabulous but sleep-deprived year. It was Kim West’s Good Night Sleep Tight that provided an approach that both respected her parenting values and worked – her daughter’s sleep improved drastically within a week. Then, just after her son was born, Rebekah began her Gentle Sleep Coach training, figuring it would empower her to help him learn to sleep well and make her popular with her mommy friends! Now, after seeing how rewarding sleep coaching is, Rebekah has worked with hundreds of families to help them get the sleep they need.
Rebekah’s Gentle Sleep Coach certification includes over 80 hours of basic and advanced training with Kim West, LCSW-C, as well as nationally renowned specialists including:
- Becky Bailey, PhD, founder of Loving Guidance, Inc. and author of Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline
- Dr. Howard Bennett, pediatrician and author of Waking Up Dry: A Guide to Help Children Overcome Bedwetting
- Dr. Shoshana Bennett, PhD – clinical psychologist and author of Pregnant on Prozac and Postpartum Depression For Dummies
- First Candle Organization
- Kent Hoffman, PhD – Circle of Security®
- Renee Jain, creator of children's anxiety relief program, GoZen!
- Jodi Jennings, OTR/L, SIPTc, pediatric occupational therapist and specialist in craniosacral therapy, lymph drainage therapy, and energy healing
- Brandi Jordan, MSW, IBCLC - founder of The Cradle Company
- Dr. Lewis Kass, MD, FAAP – pediatric pulmonologist and sleep medicine specialist
- Dr. Sarah McAllister, primary care physician and specialist in pediatric naturopathic medicine
- Sally Neuberger , LCSW, author of Ready, Set, Go Potty!
- Helen Neville, BS, RN, author of Temperament Tools and Is This a Phase?
- Dr. Brian Vartabedian, MD, FAAP – pediatric gastroenterologist and author of Colic Solved: The Essential Guide to Infant Reflux and the Care of Your Crying, Difficult-to- Soothe Baby